Homemade Almond Milk: The Most Delicious Drink In The World
When I started my elimination diet, milk was on the
Recipe courtesy of Minimalist Baker.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight in
coolwater (or 1-2 hours in very hot water)
- 5 cups (1200 ml) filtered water (less to thicken, more to thin)
- 2 dates, pitted and soaked in hot water (5 min)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean (I use the bean)
- Add your soaked almonds, water, salt, and vanilla to a high powered mixer (I have a Vitamix, but Ninja's are great too). Blend on high for at least 2 minutes until it looks white and creamy.
- Strain using a nut milk bag (Worth the investment!) or a thin dish towel. Simply lay a clean dish towel over a mixing bowl, pour over the almond milk, carefully gather the corners, and lift up. Then squeeze until all of the liquid is extracted.
- Transfer milk to a jar or covered bottle and refrigerate. Will keep for up to a few days, though best when fresh. Shake well before drinking, as it tends to separate.
Lattes and Matcha
Cereal (GF granola)